Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fireman Visit and Shining Light!

On Wednesday we were visited by Fireman Shane. He talked to us about what things are hot and what to do if you find matches or a lighter. He also told us about stop, drop and roll, calling 911, and staying low if there is a fire. My favorite part was when I was able to try on all the uniform a fireman wears when he goes into a fire. He told us teachers that often, when kids see a fireman in their full uniform, children are scared. As I put on the clothes, he kept reminding the kids that, "Although Mrs. Woolsey looks and sounds different, it is still her!" and not to be scared. I know the kids really enjoyed his visit.













On Thursday, Jada was chosen for shining light. She is another great First Grade Leader. That day in school she worked with another kindergartners and myself in a small reading group. She was SO helpful and set a great example to the younger student. Congrats Jada!


No comments:

Post a Comment